Position: Part-time First Robotics Coach
Reports to: Assistant Principal for Student Affairs
Supervises: Faculty Moderator and First Robotics Mentors
- Previous experience with the First Robotics Competition
- Understanding of safe practices and experience with shop equipment including: CNC mill, laser engraver, MIG Welding, and other standard equipment
A preferred candidate should possess one or more of the following.
- Experience with electronic and mechanical configurations of an FRC robot
- Background in coding with Java, including imagine processing
- Proficiency in CAD with SolidWorks
- Supervision and mentoring of Central Catholic students in the area of First Robotics
- Coordinate budgets including purchasing and travel
- Works with faculty moderator to coordinate schedules
- Coordinate scheduling of practices and First Robotics Competitions
- Coordinate with Asst. Principal for Student Affairs regarding use of the facility
- Time commitments include at least weekly sessions with the team during the fall semester with increased time during the winter build season
*Interested candidates should submit a professional resume and letter of application to Andy Macurak, Assistant Principal for Student Affairs by August 10th, 2018.
Central Catholic High School, a college preparatory Catholic school for boys, is guided by the educations principles of Saint John Baptist de La Salle. The school strives to provide a challenging, relevant, and diverse program of studies and extracurricular activities in an environment that fosters a life of faith and scholarship and develops leaders rooted in the Gospel values of integrity, respect, service, justice, and peace.